Saturday, March 15, 2008

Scrapbooks and Little Fingers

Little fingers are precisely what led to my interest in digital scrapping. Like many paper scrappers I had my doubts and wondered why anyone would want to give up paper for this new concept in scrapbooking. After viewing what I consider beautiful works of digital art, I opened my unused photo program and began playing around. In less than an hour I had created my first digital layout, the outcome undoubtedly the worst I have ever created, but that didn't matter, I jumped in and began a brand new journey. I can't say "I never looked back", because I love paper and digital scrapbooking equally. For me they simply serve different purposes.

Digital became a vehicle where I was able to create
safe, hands on albums for my young grandchildren whereas no dangerous embellishments could fall off, or a torn page would not represent hours of work forever lost. A disaster averted with a reprinted page.




Paper allows me the hands on touch and feel of dimension which I love through the various metals, laces, ribbons, buttons, layering, etc.



Each technique represents the same end result, simply executed in a different way.


6 comments:

AngelBear said...

Stunning pages my friend! Beautiful!

Norwayscrapper said...

Love your pages my friend they are gorgeous.

Nonnie said...

Your work is just amazing, I love to see all the different ideas you have. You are unique and such a blessing to have as a friend.

Gabrielle Madsen said...

Wonderful pages, cute smiles too! Such an elegant photo of them both.

clayhappy said...

Your gorgeous ideas are endless. Beautiful!

Melanie said...

You are equally talented in digital as well as traditional, I always love seeing your work.